- Walking on the street chinchillas: dangers and risks
- How to walk the animal at home?
- How to keep a chinchilla without a walk?
What are the ways to walk the chinchilla on the street?
Walking on the street chinchillas: dangers and risks
If you care about the health and life of your pet, do not try to walk it on the street. These animals become very vulnerable, being outside of their equipped cage. So what awaits the rodent for a walk?
- Exposure to harness and leash. Delicate chinchilla fur is wiped with harness. After a walk, you may find that your charming pet is pretty bald.
- The risk of poisoning. These animals try everything on the tooth, so they may well consume something inside that is not at all useful to them. Cigarette butts, plastic bags, plastic, poisonous plants – it is almost impossible to notice in time that the chinchilla has tried something and prevent it. Since the rodent has a very vulnerable gastrointestinal tract, after such tests it expects either an upset stomach or constipation.
- Risk of infection. On the street there are many microorganisms, spores and others "enemies". The body of a chinchilla can easily be attacked by various germs or fungi. If a pet becomes infected with protozoa, it can be fatal.
- The danger of a cold. Drafts can lead to colds.
- Danger of injury. The harness and the leash easily lead to injury due to the fact that the chinchilla is used to jumping, and not to move in steps. When jumping, the animal risks damaging its spine or ribs. It can also be cut if it steps on the glass with its paws.
- Stress. On the street, the rodent receives a stressful effect: noise, bright sun, unusual atmosphere, other people’s smells, the presence of other people or animals. Stress negatively affects the immune system of the animal, and the risk of various diseases increases many times.
The city is absolutely not a suitable place for walking chinchillas. And the cottage, the forest? Also not options. The animal will be interested in the earth and its contents, wild plants. All this absolutely does not fit him in food.
How to walk the animal at home?
Some owners walk their pet in the apartment. The bedroom or hall is best suited for this. You can’t leave him unattended for this time. All potentially dangerous items should be removed, such as:
- Inappropriate food (chocolate);
- Varnished wood;
- Paper in the form of newspapers, magazines, napkins
You need to carefully monitor the animal while he examines the room. Try to close all the gaps so that it does not get stuck when trying to climb through them. Do not let the chinchilla come into contact with other animals. This can end in disrepair. Special walking balls for these pets are sold. But using them is a bad idea. In the field of chinchilla can not jump, runs the risk of injury due to the fact that it stops at the wrong time. The stuffy sphere leads to overheating, and this is extremely dangerous for the baby.
How to keep a chinchilla without a walk?
Most owners are convinced that chinchillas, when properly maintained, do not need a walk. Proper maintenance includes a spacious cage, in which there are enough shelves, toys and devices for grinding teeth, and there is also a wheel.
Why Chinchilla Screams At Night Care And Maintenance Of Chinchillas At Home
Contents Chinchilla Description The benefits of the animal as a pet Why chinchillas scream at night Character, habits and features of chinchillas…
Optimal Cage Size For Chinchilla
Contents Chinchillas Breeding chinchillas for fur Breeding Chinchillas as Pets Choosing a Cage for Chinchillas Choosing a cage for chinchillas in the…
Can I Have A Chinchilla At Home?
Is it worth getting a chinchilla at home Hello! So I decided to share my impressions of communicating with a new exotic beast for me. chinchilla . For a…
How Chinchilla Boys Mark Territory
Each animal has its own character (photo of my shun) He gave me my favorite chinchilla on March 8th. Since this all started. Now at my place there are…
How To Determine (Distinguish) The Gender Of A Chinchilla
Contents How to know the gender of a chinchilla How to inspect Sexual behavior of chinchillas Who is better to get: a girl or a boy Relationships of…