Chinchilla is an unusually cute pet. It is often equated with other rodents, confusing their diet. This illusion leads to a deterioration in the digestion of the pet. To avoid unpleasant consequences, it is necessary to feed the animal with suitable food and healthy herbs.
Rules for feeding chinchillas to grass
Chinchillas need grass as a feed supplement. It has minerals, proteins and nutrients.
The main thing is to dry the washed plants before use.
Important: without heat treatment (washing in boiled water and drying), freshly picked grass causes an upset digestion.
The dried parts of the animals are fed 1-2 times a week. They are used as an addition to the main feed. You can use the roots of plants (in dried form).
Useful herbs for chinchillas
Rodents eat the following parts of plants:
It is important to take into account the properties of plants.
- Dandelion. Chinchillas need dandelion for acid gastritis, constipation, cholelithiasis. It cleanses the intestines and normalizes appetite. Leaves are especially useful.
- Apple tree. Leaves save for colitis, vitamin deficiency, problem work of the bile ducts, acid gastritis. Apple gruel helps lactating females with cracked nipples. She softens and heals them. Grated or twisted pulp helps with severe constipation.
- Chicory. The root and body of the plant are used as a choleretic, laxative, gastric agent. They help with diseases of the liver, skin, spleen, and kidneys.
- Clover. Clover has a diaphoretic and diuretic effect. Helps with colds. Reduces edema with rheumatism, kidney, heart disease and gout.
- Cranberry. Fruits save with vitamin deficiency and hypovitaminosis. Stimulate the secretion of the glands of the gastrointestinal tract in gastritis. In alternative medicine, berry juice is used for colds, fevers, tonsillitis, scurvy, high blood pressure, kidney and stomach diseases, and malaria.
- Linden. Increases the secretion of gastric juice, urination, facilitates bile outflow. It is used as a diaphoretic, soothing and anti-inflammatory. Helps with inflammation, colds, bronchitis, flu, asthma.
- Rosehip. As a medicinal plant, rosehip has many properties. It acts well on material metabolism, reduces inflammation, enhances urination and bile secretion, and helps digestion and lungs. The broth can be added to the chinchilla in a drinker.
- Blueberries Leaves and berries are used for diabetes, intestinal diseases, for pancreas. Help with scurvy and hypovitaminosis, are able to improve vision.
- Yarrow. The plant stops the blood, relieves pain and cramps, strengthens. Saves with ulcers and stomach ailments. Stabilizes cell metabolism and improves blood clotting. The broth gives an influx of milk to lactating chinchillas, but is prohibited for pregnant females. Given the high medicinal qualities, it is necessary to use with caution and following a strict dosage.
- Jerusalem artichoke. Useful for anemia, digestive disorders, gout, kidney stones. Improves vision, normalizes sugar levels.
- Burdock. It is a choleretic, diaphoretic, diuretic, agent. Disinfects, improves the production of insulin and glycogen, restores cell metabolism. As a decoction, burdock treats ulcers, gastritis, constipation and swelling.
- Raspberries. The leaves of the shrub remove inflammation, stop and purify the blood, have astringent and anti-toxic properties.
- Aspen. Heals the bladder, cystitis, stomach, rheumatism. Leaves and twigs have strong healing properties.
- Chamomile (relieves inflammation, soothes), etc.
It is recommended to give the listed plants to the pet a maximum of three times a week.
List of forbidden herbs
These include the following plants:
- White hellebore;
- Raven eye;
It is easy to please the animal, diluting its diet with treats. When feeding, consider the restrictions that will preserve his health.
Contents How to feed chinchilla Vegetables and fruits Raw Material Harvesting Rules What branches can be given to chinchillas How to feed chinchilla…
What herbs should not be given to chinchillas? You can not give: St. John’s wort, fern, horsetail, sedge, chinton, raven eye, buttercup, whitewash, dope,…
Which Seeds Can Be Given To Chinchillas And In What Form, And Which Cannot
Contents Sunflower seeds Melon seeds Apple seeds Grass seeds What is impossible for chinchillas Chinchilla is a vegetarian by nature. She eats everything…
The Branches Of Which Trees Can Be Given To Chinchillas
Contents Raw Material Harvesting Rules What branches can be given to chinchillas Harmful chinchilla branches The diet of rodents should be diverse, so…
Supplemental Feed For Chinchillas – Herbs And Leaves
Plantain – helps with diarrhea, give for colds (breathing problems). For prevention, give about 1 time per week or a couple of times a month, 2-3 leaves…