What branches can be given to chinchillas and how to dry them to dry
Spring has come, snow has come, the trees begin to come to life
It’s time to prepare for your chinchillas sprigs. Doing this is easy on your own.
Take a garden pruner. It is convenient to cut branches until the leaves have blossomed and the juice only begins to move along the trunks and branches. Recall which trees and shrubs are suitable for chinchillas. From those growing in the Urals – apple tree, willow, willow, alder, raspberry, birch. Stone fruit (plum, cherry) and resinous conifers (pine, spruce) are not suitable for food.
- We select chinchillas for food live branches only (not dry, not moldy, not contaminated). Take raspberry stalks only those that are without thorns, otherwise chinchilla sticks can damage the oral cavity.
- We cut tree branches into segments about 5 cm long. We recommend cutting non-thick sticks, with a diameter of not more than 1 cm. Thicker sticks are harder to cut and dry. In addition, thin chinchilla sticks are eaten completely, and only bark is eaten from thick sticks.
- Next, put chopped sticks in a colander and washed with boiling water
- Dry the sticks in the oven. Put them on a tray and distribute evenly with a not too thick layer. Drying time and temperature depends on the type of stove. From personal experience – drying in a gas stove at a temperature of 200 degrees. C, with the oven door slightly open, takes 1.5 hours. We ted the sticks in the drying process every half hour, check that they do not start to burn, we select the best mode of air flow.
- Some models electric stoves have an oven heating mode of 50. 70 degrees C. and a ventilation mode. In this temperature range, the wood dries better and does not burn. The drying process in an electric stove takes longer than in a gas stove, 7. 9 hours depending on the temperature.
- Put the dried sticks in a cardboard box for storage, Do not use plastic bags as containers because of the risk of mold. Next, during the week we check that mold does not appear if the sticks were not dried sufficiently. If mold appears, remove the damaged sticks and dry the rest.
Wood pulp is an important nutritional element of chinchillas, which must be constantly in their diet. In the wild, animals eat dry roots and branches. Of course, it is possible to procure chinchilla branch food at any time of the year if necessary, but it is most convenient in spring and autumn when there is no foliage. Your chinchillas will be full, healthy and will thank you!
Contents Benefits of Chinchilla Content Choosing a cage for chinchilla Where to place the cage The interior of the cell Privacy house Tray Sand bathing…
Contents What must be present in the chinchilla menu? Goodies for chinchillas What you can not give chinchillas Chinchilla is a herbivorous animal. He…
Can I Have A Chinchilla At Home?
Is it worth getting a chinchilla at home Hello! So I decided to share my impressions of communicating with a new exotic beast for me. chinchilla . For a…
How To Play With Home Chinchilla
Contents Play chin Safe play area Chin Toys How to get into the game Snack station Chinchillas are so soft and silky that it is a temptation to spend…
How To Feed Chinchilla At Home
Contents How to feed chinchilla Grain, Seeds and Nuts Greens and tree branches Vegetables and fruits Differences in feeding Pregnant Chinchilla After…